Friday, December 7, 2012

Introduction into Lucid Dreaming




"A lucid dream, in simplest terms, is a dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming."



Dreams. A gateway into the mind's eye, where logic and reason have no meaning. A place where you can meet a horse-cat named Herbert and ride him into the sunset...literally. A place where you can escape reality and live the life you've always wanted. However, most dreams are on auto-pilot, meaning you don't realize you're dreaming, nor do you have any control over them, until you wake up. This is where lucid dreaming comes into play...


It's been about four days since i've first discovered the term "lucid dreaming". I was amazed at the thought of being  aware that I am dreaming and altering the dream to my desire. With a few days of watching You-tube videos, reading how-to guides, and a little background research I feel confident enough to attempt a lucid dream. 


In this blog I will be recording my dreams for the next four weeks or so, as this is the first and most important step to having your own lucid dream. Recording your dreams is one of the easiest ways to remember them. In order to be able to recognize your dreams as...well...dreams while they're happening, you have to be familiar with the way your own dreams work


This is merely meant to be a journal for myself (to keep track of my dreams) and an informative blog for any who wish to seek out help or information of lucid dreaming. Please remember everyone is unique. My  results may differ from yours, however, do not let this discourage you! Everyone can have a lucid dream with much practice and hard work.

Till tomorrow,

William

No comments:

Post a Comment